Monday, July 11, 2011

God's Favor

Do we seek God's favor?
But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord. Genesis 6:8
God was looking at all the people he created and saw nothing but wickedness, but then he saw something different in Noah. Do we really live our lives like we want God to see something different in us. I'm not talking about putting on a show for God, he knows our true intentions, but living our life in a way to where when God looks at us he sees something different.
As a minister I am used to people putting on a show for me, they act all churchy around me and not their real self at all. My favor means nothing! We don't call ourselves Christians to impress any other human, we do it for the one who has already shown us favor by offering salvation and he wants to continue to find favor but we don't get it by playing games with God, we get it by denying ourself, taking up our cross and following him.
I pray God will find favor in you, not because you can act like a Christian, but because you are willing to build an ark if he ask you to.
Have a blessed week
Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment